06 December 2012

My Top Three Winter Drinks


 Just like what I mentioned from my previous post, I easily feel cold especially in my extremities, hands and feet, so I need to find ways to keep myself warm else I might freeze to death. Hahaha! Anyway,one of the ways that I do these days to fight off the cold weather is to drink something hot to warm my body inside and it works. Having said that, let me share with you my three favorite hot drinks this winter season.

GREEN TEA
Green tea + Green fruit = VERY HEALTHY DIET
I never really liked the taste of green tea, or any kind of tea for that matter, but I know that it is loaded with good stuff and of course, who wouldn't want good stuff in their system? I prefer my tea plain and hot of course. Some people like adding a bit of cream or milk or sugar or a combination of those stuff in their teas but I am not sure if it will be as healthy as a plain cup of tea. As for tea brand, I have not really tried different kinds of brand but I like to stick with a brand that is known worldwide because it does not only mean that it is reliable but it also means that I will not have a hard time looking for it wherever I may be.

Tea in a mug.
In preparing my green tea, I simply boil enough water for my mug (yes, I like my tea in a mug), put the tea bag in the mug, pour the boiled water in the mug, let it sit for a couple of minutes or until I can manage to sip the drink and I let the tea bag sit in there until I finished the whole mug.
My stash of green tea! Not that much right? LOL

HOT CHOCOLATE

Now, what better way to warm my system than to drink something hot and something sweet! My sweet tooth is very happy about this hot drink that I enjoy from time to time. Again, I do not have a particular favorite brand of hot chocolate because I have not tried other kinds aside from the ones that I got. But as you can see, I like to rely on known brands because it gives me a sort of assurance that they are good and safe for consumption.

This is my oh-so-yummy hot chocolate!
Hot chocolate preparation starts with boiling enough milk for my mug. Remember to give enough space in your mug for the hot chocolate powder. Three teaspoonful of the hot chocolate powder is enough for me because I do not want my drink to be too sweet. Anyway, make sure that you have already put in the hot chocolate powder in your mug before pouring the boiled milk in so that you can mix it properly.

 
COFFEE
I stir my coffee with a teaspoon.
When I was a kid, I had this thing about coffee that I should not drink it because it is only for adults and being the goody two shoes that I am (well, at least when I was still young. hahaha!) I never drank it for so many years and there were very rare occasions during those years where I had to drink coffee because we ran out of Milo, a chocolate malt drink for kids, and I need something to warm my tummy and give me energy in the morning until the rest of the day. It was only during my college years when I started drinking coffee, and still very seldom at that point, so that I can stay awake and finish some school related projects and what not.

One of my favorite 3-in-1 coffee!
Anyway, going back to the present time, coffee has become one of my favorite hot drinks and I prefer it with cream/milk and sugar. Actually, I like 3-in-1 coffee packets/sachets for practical reasons and I'm not one of those people who enjoy drinking their coffee by analyzing every bit of detail that they can get from their drink. I like to keep it simple. Hot and tastes good.


What about you? What is your favorite hot drink this winter season? 

Hope you enjoyed this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis